Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Orienteering


As the time went past I found that I was holding a map. I had a partner who was holding a pencil and a piece of paper. I hear the wind blast past my ear … SWOOSH… A few seconds later I saw people running passed me and my partner, like they were jaguars!


We found the target we were after, the letter C. The C on the map gave me an idea of where it was. We partner split up and tried looking for it. I searched everywhere but I could not find it. My partner went up to where the cabins are but he could not find it either.


I scuttled up to get him so we could find it together. We searched so hard but a few moments later my legs felt like they were in hell. I guess my idea was not so great after all. A few seconds later I had a feeling that C was under the ramp to go across the bridge. When I got there I saw a triangle with a letter C under it. I was so happy to see this and to complete my goal. It was strange because I was nervous and happy at the same time

Today I have created a Recount to show what I did in orienteering at camp with my partner. Finding the letter C was the hardest letter to find.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a lot of fun being challenged by the orienteering course Calvin. I'm glad you finally found the letter C and even more pleased that you kept on trying. Remember recounts are written in past tense because you are using your words to paint a picture of something you have already done. I have changed this for you :)

    ReplyDelete